Friday, April 5, 2013

Not your usual boring Eggs



















I've been trying to eat healthier lately...  I jump on the eat healthy & excersise bandwagon about every April.  The thought of bathing suite season puts a lump in my throat, like most other women I know.  I swear, flourescent lighting in dressing rooms should be against the law.  Anyway, eggs get boring, right?  My kid's pancakes with Nutella always look and smell so much better than the thought of cooking eggs (again).  So, this morning, I added a few simple additions to my eggs in the hopes of making them at least a little less boring.  I think it worked!  Oh, and that whole grain toast has a smearing of Coconut Oil on it instead of butter.  Have you tried coconut oil?  That post is coming up next!

What you Need
Eggs
Red Bell Pepper
Fresh Herbs (whatever you have, I used oregano and basil)
Cheese of your choice (I used Swiss this morning because my Goat cheese smelled funky)

What You Do
Scramble up your eggs in a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.  Add the fresh herbs.
Put a little coconut oil (or butter if you don't mind the extra blubber on your thighs) in a sautee pan and add the bell peppers. 
Once the peppers are soft, pour in the eggs with herbs and stir around with a rubber spatula.  Once they begin to set a little, add in the cheese. 
When your eggs are set and the cheese has melted, you are good to go! 

No comments: