Monday, April 15, 2013

Green Beans Almandine


I was watching a cooking show one and the chef made these.  My mouth was watering and I couldn't wait to make them!  I've made them several times since and they are so delicious.  It takes your standard, boring green beans to a new level.  You'll never look at canned green beans the same! I just kindof throw all of this together, so my measurements aren't set in stone...you can adjust to your liking, or the quantity you need, but here's an idea of how to make them...

What You'll Need:
1 lb. Hericot Verts (long skinny green beans)
Olive Oil
2 Tbs. Butter
1/4 Cup Toasted Almonds (slivers or chopped)
Juice from 1/2 a Lemon
Salt and Pepper to taste

What You'll Do:
Blanch the hericot verts.  (Put them into boiling water for about 2-3 minutes, drain and plunge into ice bath to stop the cooking.)
In a saucepan over medium heat, add your olive oil and butter.  Once butter has melted, put in your drained hericot verts and toss.  Cook until they are al dente.  (They should have a bite to them...don't kill them with heat and make them limp.  That would be sad.)
Remove from heat and add in your toasted almonds and lemon juice. 

No comments: