Friday, April 5, 2013

Coconut Oil, amazing stuff!




















Have you ever heard of coconut oil?  Have you tried cooking with it?  Were you surprised, like me, that it comes in a solid form?  I expected it to be a liquid like olive oil or canola oil.  Weird!  My friend, Lana, introduced this to me.  She owned a gym at the time and is super knowledgeable about all things good and bad for you.  Not to mention she has a banging body...if I didn't love her so much, I'd hate her!  She's a good friend though, and the reason she told me about it is because she knows how worried I am about developing Alzheimer's.  It runs in my family and my mom is currently in the last stages of it.  Bless her heart.  Don't get me started...I won't be able to finish this post through tears.  Anyway, coconut oil is believed to fight Alzheimer's along with a myriad of other things from relieving stress, to preventing wrinkles, softening your hair and incresing motabolism.  In an nutshell, it's some crazy good stuff that you need to go buy today!  Surprisingly, it has no flavor.  It's not going to make your food taste like a pina coloda.  Slather it on toast, bake with it, sautee your shrimp in it or just smear it on your face.  It's up to you.

1 comment:

Sarah M said...

also a great carrier oil for essential oils!