Monday, November 17, 2008

Pepper Steak











This is really called Green Pepper Steak, but my husband and I prefer red bell peppers so that's how I made it! You probably have almost everything you need to make this already in your pantry. I only had to get the meat and bell pepper. I love that everything goes into one pan...makes for easy clean up! It was really yummy and I'll definitely be making this again.
What You'll Need:
1 lb round steak
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup oil
1 cup green onion, sliced (I omitted this)
1 cup red or green bell pepper, chopped
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. corn starch
1 cup water
2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
What You'll Do:
Cut steak into thin strips.
Combine soy sauce and garlic. Add meat, toss and set aside.
Heat oil over med-hi heat and brown meat.
Cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
Turn heat up and add onion, pepper and celery. Cook for about 10 minutes until crisp tender.
Mix corn starch with water, add to pan, stir and cook until thickened.
Add tomatoes and heat through.

No comments: