Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Double Layer Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie














Wow! This pie is a winner! It tastes just like a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup! If you love peanut butter and chocolate...this pie is a must-try. I'll warn you though...it is so rich, I couldn't even finish my entire piece. And that never happens! (Tip: I used the larger sized graham cracker crust that holds more filling. I think the regular size would have been too small.) This recipe came from AllRecipes.com.


What You'll Need:
1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon cold milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
2 (3.9 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups cold milk
4 peanut butter cups, cut into 1/2 inch pieces


What You'll Do:
In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, 1 tablespoon milk and peanut butter until smooth. Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of whipped topping.
Spread mixture on bottom of pie crust.
In a second bowl, stir pudding mix with 2 cups milk until thick.
Immediately stir in remaining whipped topping.
Spread mixture over peanut butter layer.
Scatter peanut butter cups over top of pie.
Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.

1 comment:

Holly Licata said...

I did a search for PB pie as I remember it & came across your blog. I have to say YUM. The recipes you've posted all look wonderful & there are quite a few I'm planning to try. Keep the recipes coming.