Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Chicken Tortilla Soup

















This soup was so yummy. It reminded me a little of Brunswick Stew, if you've ever had that before...only it is not as thick. It was really easy to make. Since it goes in the crockpot, the recipe calls for 2 uncooked, chopped chicken breasts, but I used a rotissere chicken from the store and just shredded the breast meat (thank you, RachelJohnson from the AL board, for this great idea!) Since I added cooked chicken, I turned the crockpot on low and cooked it for about 5 hours. I found this recipe on BMK's blog and it is originally from the Southern Living Slow Cooker Cookbook.


What You'll Need:
2 skinned and boneless chicken breasts, cubed
1 10 oz package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 14 oz cans chicken broth
1 10 ½ oz can tomato puree
1 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chiles
¾ tsp salt
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 bay leaf


What You'll Do:
Combine all in crockpot. Cover and cook on High 6 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf.
Serve with sour cream, tortilla chips and garnish with fresh cilantro.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

This looks great! I have been wanting to try a chicken tortilla soup recipe, this might be the one. Don't you just love easy and tasty!

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can phrase that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is quiet a suspect as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with issue of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=windows xp 64bit ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you profit by the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I take a week and do necheg