Monday, February 11, 2008

Italian Panini


Oh My!!! I think I could eat a panini every day of my life and not get tired of it! Of course, you can make them with just about anything that you love...turkey, roasted peppers, pesto, artichoke hearts...but I love it this way because it reminds me of a panini that ate while in Italy. It was in one of those fabulous little cafe windows and I couldn't resist. Eating one at home just makes me smile remembering how great it tasted while I walked the streets of Venice!
What You'll Need:
Good bread (Ciabatta, French Loaf, Italian Loaf, Baguette)
Proscuitto
Salami
Fresh Mozzerella
Fresh Basil
Tomatoes
EVOO
S & P
What You'll Do:
Slice the bread in half long-ways.
Add the proscuitto, salami, cheese, basil, and tomatoes to the bread, layering any way you like.
Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with S&P.
Drizzle a hot panini press, grill pan, or griddle with some olive oil. Put the panini on the pan and press with something heavy. (I just use a heavy cast iron skillet on top of the panini to press it down).
Cook for about 3 minutes then flip to cook the other side.

No comments: