Thursday, February 14, 2008

Chocolate Covered Strawberries






























My husband's all-time favorite sweet treat is chocolate covered strawberries. In fact, he loves them so much that we had a tower of them at our wedding rather than having a groom's cake! I made them for him last Valentine's Day and thought I would continue on the tradition this year. They are super easy to make and taste so yummy. It's a nice ending to a romantic dinner. Sure, my white chocolate drizzle may look more like blobs than the professional drizzle you see in the Godiva shop....but, I don't think my husband will mind once he tastes them!

What You'll Need:
Strawberries (ripe and large...stem on looks even nicer)
Milk Chocolate (I use the chocolate that you buy by the pound from Fresh Market, but you can use chips, squares, bars...whatever you like best.)
White Chocolate


What you'll Do:
Gently rinse the strawberries and dry them very well. They should not be even the slightest bit damp. I like to leave the green leaves on.
Melt the milk chocolate. (I just use the microwave on 50% power for a minute at a time, stirring in between. You can use a double boiler if you prefer.)
Dunk the strawberries into the milk chocolate. Put into refrigerator to cool and harden for a few minutes.
In the meantime, melt the white chocolate.
Take the strawberries out of the fridge and, using a fork, drizzle the white chocolate on. This will work best if you lay your strawberries on some wax paper before drizzling so that you can make long, sweeping motions with your drizzle. Then, transfer them to your serving dish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want not acquiesce in on it. I regard as precise post. Expressly the title attracted me to study the intact story.