Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Pesto Pasta with Chicken




This is (yet another) quick and easy meal that I like to cook during the week when I'm too tired to spend hours in the kitchen. You can make your own pesto, but the kind I buy in the jar is great and saves alot of time and dirty dishes! Any pasta would be good with this, but I like Pene b/c it's holds the sauce well.
What You'll Need:
2 Tbsp. Oil
1 lb. Chicken (breasts or tenders), cut into medium sized chunks
Mini Pene Pasta (I used about 1/2 a box)
1 Jar Pesto
What You'll Do:
Heat oil in a large skillet.
Boil pasta to al dente in salted water.
Cook chicken in the oil until no longer pink.
Add 1-2 Tbsp. of the pesto to the chicken. Stir and cook over low heat for a couple of minutes.
Drain pasta and add to the chicken. Stir and let everything cook together for a few minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds delisious. It would totally hit the spot for me. I love pesto pasta!